When moving home or office quite often it’s impossible to get some furniture items through the doors, down the stairs or out of the property.
Most of the furniture purchased these days can be dismantled and moved away easily into removal van.
Below you will find some top tips for furniture dismantling.
Dismantling beds, tables & wardrobes:
- Get someone to assist you holding large pieces while you unscrew to avoid breaking.
- Remove any nails, pins, dowels, and screws to avoid scratching and damaging during transit or being lost.
- Bag, label screws, nails from the different sections and pack them away safely.
- Most of the wardrobes our days, after doors and back wall removed, must be placed horizontally on it’s back to dismantle other sides safely.
- Make notes, label parts, take pictures while dismantling or download manual from furniture manufacturer website, to avoid troubles when it comes to putting back furniture together.
- Tape all small furniture pieces together, such as shelves, bed slats or table feets
- If you lost or damaged anything, it’s good to know those furniture manufacturers, like IKEA as an example, provide spare components at their stores
- Be extra careful and don’t over-tight screws when you reassemble the furniture
If you need professional help to dismantle and reassemble your furniture, please get in touch with AJM Removals Bristol, as we have all the tools and relevant experience to complete all jobs carefully.